Job Posting OPEN
We are looking for an enthusiastic bartender to provide an excellent guest drinking experience. Must be 18 years of age or older. Good bartenders will be personable and will exceed customers’ needs and expectations. Compensation includes hourly pay and tips. Reports directly to the Events Manager.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepare alcohol (beer only currently) or non-alcohol beverages for bar patrons
2. Interact with customers, take orders, process orders through point of sale and credit card processors, and serve snacks/drinks
3. Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
4. Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
5. Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
6. Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
7. Comply with all food, beverage, and health regulations
8. Clean bar area, tables, back of bar.
9. Attend required staff meetings, training, and seminars; maintain required certifications.
10. Must be able to read, write, and do simple mathematics.
1. Proven working experience as a bartender, preferred
2. Computer literacy
3. Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
4. Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
5. Have or be able to obtain ABC permit within 60 days of hire (company paid beer only license)
6. Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekday mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
7. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written form with customers, supervisors, and the general public.
8. Must be able to read, write, and do simple mathematics.
Salary: $7/hr + tips