Job Posting OPEN
Skate Guards will oversee and ensure the safety of customers using Cool Sports, while creating a fun, safe, and exciting environment. They are responsible for ensuring that all customers behave in an appropriate manner and that all rules and regulations are followed at all times. This position is under the direction of the Events Manager.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
1. Monitor the facility for unsafe conditions, and report such conditions to the manager.
2. Know and enforce Ice Center rules, and emergency/safety procedures during Open Skate.
3. Administer first aid as needed.
4. Check rental skates in at the end of sessions.
5. Examine skates for proper and safe condition; maintain rental skates as needed (changing laces and cleaning)
6. Clean lobby, rest rooms, and other areas as needed.
7. Assist manager on duty with prompt filing of accident/incident reports.
8. Assist with birthday parties as needed.
9. Resolve customer problems as necessary.
10. Assist public and customers as necessary.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to apply routine practices, rules/regulations, procedures to techniques that are relevant to assigned tasks.
2. Previous Customer Service experience preferred.
3. Ability to balance customer service and safety while creating a fun but orderly atmosphere.
4. Keen memory and ability to recall details of past incidents.
5. Be a minimum age of 15 years old.
6. Have or be able to obtain CPR/First Aid/AED certification.
7. Ability to present a neat, clean appearance and good hygiene.
8. Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
Real Task Simulated Experience:
Skate Guard candidates will have to demonstrate their skating skills and ability to create fun and keep order.